Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa (VPWA) is a volunteer-driven NGO based in Ghana. It aims to improve opportunities for people in underprivileged communities through better education, health, sanitation and sustainable development.
VPWA runs a range of projects which rely on the support of volunteers from around the world. Its varied work supports the principles of the UN Global Compact and aims to fulfil the Millennium Development Goals.
VPWA projects aim to lift people out of poverty by;
You can support the VPWA's valuable projects in West Africa in three different ways. You can become a volunteer on a VPWA project, you can partner VPWA through sponsorship, or you can make a donation towards one of VPWA's projects.
- promoting education and reducing illiteracy
- helping to eradicate child labour
- promoting good governance, human rights, and energy and environmental policies
- building skills to help individuals and communities fight the threat of poverty, for example, through the provision of micro-finance and business training
- fighting the spread of diseases, such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and Buruli ulcers through educating both communities and policy makers