Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa (VPWA) is a volunteer-driven NGO based in Ghana. VPWA engages with a number of local projects, improving opportunities for people in underprivileged communities through better education, health, sanitation and sustainable development.
VPWA partner projects rely on the support of volunteers from around the world. The projects are chosen based on their links to the principles of the UN Global Compact, with an aim to assist in fulfilling the Sustainable Development Goals.
Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa projects aim to lift people out of poverty by:
- promoting education and reducing illiteracy;
- eradicating child labour;
- promoting good governance, human rights, and energy and environmental policies;
- capacity building – for example, to enhance skills that help individuals and communities fight poverty through the provision of micro-finance and business training;
- fighting the spread of diseases, such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and Buruli ulcers through educating both communities and policy makers.
You can support VPWA’s valuable projects in West Africa in three different ways. Become a volunteer on a VPWA project, partner with VPWA through sponsorship, or make a donation towards one of VPWA’s projects. If you would like any more information about VPWA and our projects, please contact us at any time.